• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Herd” expansion 😎

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    My wife is amazing. The nurses said they wish every delivery went as smoothly and quietly as this. No screaming, cussing, or silly demands.
    Speaking of silly demands - when my sister was a OB nurse, they had a loud labouring lady lament, "I don't want to go through with this. I don't want to go through with this!!!!"

Someone said, "You shoulda thought of this 9 months ago..."

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Mr. Woodland. That is also a big baby. Kudos to Mrs. Woodland on safe delivery.

What's your average birth weight and birth weight EPD as a father? LOL.
      Probably the only category I’m “above” average in. At least I’m good for something.

Out of 11 grandchildren on both sides of our families I’m the only sire able to throw females. I’ve only got nephews.... no nieces. Second thing I’m good for😎

Comment

when my first was born ..things were taking longer than I liked....you should have seen the looks when I said ..."do you want me to gets some chains????"

Yes well those nurses looks will never be forgotten .....I guess they didn't know I was from a farm with cattle...

Only girls...profitable....congratulations...

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
          Congratulations nothing more important in the world than family. We had three and it always amazed me where they would come up with an interesting insight or question.

I would think "Now where did you come up with that?" Kept me on my toes. Loved it.
          You bet. At five and six they’ve been with us so much around the cows witnessing the miracle of life and the loss through death that it blows my mind how mature they handle themselves when these situations arise with people.

My son takes the Ritchie’s catalog to school to compare notes with another boy in his kindergarten class. He also tells me he’s going to buy me a shiny new tractor with his piggy bank for me. I keep telling him not to bother as it wouldn’t fit in with all our rusty “shrapnel” here. 😉

Comment

Congrats nice looking family, good to hear everything went well. Children are what makes life special. Do you have to buy new glasses often, we all know how energetic young children are?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              when my first was born ..things were taking longer than I liked....you should have seen the looks when I said ..."do you want me to gets some chains????"

Yes well those nurses looks will never be forgotten .....I guess they didn't know I was from a farm with cattle...

Only girls...profitable....congratulations...

My wife found this after we announced that we were expecting. She said we have to do it for the next one. I said let’s get through this first😉

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                Congrats nice looking family, good to hear everything went well. Children are what makes life special. Do you have to buy new glasses often, we all know how energetic young children are?
                They’ve both had glasses for two years now and only one set of frames broke and warranty covered them. They take very good care of them and remember to wear them most of the time. Now if only they could keep the front door and the fridge closed up ................

Can’t really complain though. They’re a big help around the house and yard. Moving critters up the alleyway, feeding the dog, and even opening some gates too.

They’re growing up so fast. My son says he doesn’t need school but the teacher told him he needs to learn reading to know how to fix the tractor and counting so he knows how many bales and cows he has. Otherwise he’s limited to 17 of anything currently 😉

Comment

They’ve both had glasses for two years now and only one set of frames broke and warranty covered them. They take very good care of them and remember to wear them most of the time. Now if only they could keep the front door and the fridge closed up ................

Can’t really complain though. They’re a big help around the house and yard. Moving critters up the alleyway, feeding the dog, and even opening some gates too.

They’re growing up so fast. My son says he doesn’t need school but the teacher told him he needs to learn reading to know how to fix the tractor and counting so he knows how many bales and cows he has. Otherwise he’s limited to 17 of anything currently 😉
                  That is a much better track record than me and safety glasses...

Why only 17? Is he missing 3 fingers or toes?

Comment

My wife found this after we announced that we were expecting. She said we have to do it for the next one. I said let’s get through this first😉
                    Did he need that chute to impregnate her too?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      That is a much better track record than me and safety glasses...

Why only 17? Is he missing 3 fingers or toes?
                      I’m the same way with safety glasses too since I’ve never needed regular glasses. Multiple pairs all over the shop.

He’s really good about wearing socks so I guess he could peel them off (don’t you give him that idea) ........... or better yet just stay in school. His teacher is great and works to make it fun and relevant to the kids and is a hoot to be around.

Comment

that is a good teacher!!, so many can't connect with kids on that level

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Did he need that chute to impregnate her too?
                          You might just be on to something there, might work.

Our herd hasn't expanded for quite a few years due to the family member with full veto powers concluding that our herd is large enough already.

The hard part is always enticing them to put their head in, not sure that chop will be effective, I might need some help with that. The rest I think I remember how to do on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            You might just be on to something there, might work.

Our herd hasn't expanded for quite a few years due to the family member with full veto powers concluding that our herd is large enough already.

The hard part is always enticing them to put their head in, not sure that chop will be effective, I might need some help with that. The rest I think I remember how to do on my own.
                            Lure her in...

OR

Reverse psychology.....try to get her to think its her idea!

Comment

Congrats woodland
                              Awesome to see young families still staying involved in Ag . Good on you guys 👍👍

Comment

Fabulous news woodland. Seems like a long time since my youngest was born. I have a few grandchildren now lots of fun. Raising a family on the farm is as good as it gets in my opinion. Congratulations!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...